YOUNG THREES (36 – 42 MONTHS)
1, 2, 3 or 4 days a week (Monday-Thursday)
Our young three year old class is just a step up from our two year old class. The teachers in this class will do a beginning, middle and end of the year evaluation to assess your child’s development. Parent-teacher conferences can be scheduled after receiving each assessment.
This class will begin to focus on:
- Social and emotional development
- Language and handwriting introduction
- Increased attention span
Children in this class will continue with increased knowledge in:
Our students have themed units throughout the whole year to make coming to school a fun experience. In this class we will continue to have a daily circle time, but we will only focus on a certain letter and number for two weeks. We will continue to learn our colors and shapes on a four week learning basis.
In this class we will start to introduce:
- Pencil gripping
- Sorting using children’s tweezers to start building the strong muscles that our students will need to have good handwriting skills in the future.
- Writing our names along with other letters and numbers
- Class graphing for math
- A fun science experiment once a month
The Bible is a very big part of our program:
- We will introduce the learning of Bible verses and being able to say them on our own.
- Students will focus on learning the same Bible study for four weeks to make sure they really understand it.
- Students will participate in chapel every morning with praise and worship songs that include hand and dance movements .
- They will watch a mini Bible movie clip to help our students better understand the Bible stories we are learning.
- We also play different games or act out our Bible stories.
- We will recite our Bible verse together in chapel each day to help our students learn it.
- Our chapel always closes with prayer.
We are happy to offer these enrichment programs at no extra cost to parents:
- P.E. on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Music on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Giggle Bus once a month
- Basketball fundamentals once a month